Announcing the Greater New Britain Chamber of Commerce’s SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINING
The Greater New Britain Chamber of Commerce is presenting a two-hour sexual harassment training session in accordance with the mandates of Connecticut law.
As of October 1, 2019, all Connecticut employers with three or more employees are now subject to expanded notice and training requirements regarding the prevention of sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Employers will be required to provide to a new employee a copy of information regarding the illegality of sexual harassment and remedies available to victims.
- Employers must provide all existing employees with two hours of training by October 1, 2020.
- Employers must provide two hours of training and education to new employees hired on or after October 1, 2019 within six months of their start date.
- Employers with fewer than three employees must provide two hours of training and education to all existing supervisory employees by October 1, 2020 or within six months to new supervisory employees.
- Employers must provide periodic supplemental training not less than every ten years.
The Greater New Britain Chamber is offering this two-hour training session for business owners and employees on September 23, 2020 from 10:00am – 12:00pm via a ZOOM webinar.
The training will fulfill the requirements of Connecticut’s new law and will be presented by Christopher L. Brigham, Chair of Updike, Kelly & Spellacy, P.C.’s Employment Practices Group The cost of the training is $30 per person and checks should be made payable to the Greater New Britain Chamber. (Groups of 5 or more receive a $5 discount per person.) Space is limited to 90 attendees, so please register by September 18, 2020. The fee for non-Chamber members is $50 per person.
Christopher L. Brigham, a Shareholder with Updike, Kelly & Spellacy and Chairman of the Employment Practices Group, focuses his practice on representing and counseling businesses and educational institutions with respect to workplace and employment law issues. Attorney Brigham offers a variety of training programs and seminars for schools and companies and can be reached at if you are interested in exploring a speaking engagement or retaining counsel.
Reserve your space now by sending an email to , by calling The Greater New Britain Chamber 860-229-1665 or by registering on The Chamber website, www.greaternewbritainchamber.com. Once payment is received, access to the webinar will be sent to the attendees.
Reservations cannot be guaranteed unless payment accompanies the reservation.